COVID-19 PREVENTION OF TRANSMISSION
We LOVE our community and we are happy announce that as of June 08, 2020 we will be back up and running!
However, in order to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 infection, South Carleton Physiotherapy has taken the following steps:
- We have integrated Virtual Physiotherapy Services through Telehealth for clients who otherwise might feel or be at risk with an “in person” visit to the clinic.
- Although we have always had excellent cleaning protocols before and after every client, we have increased these protocols to include disinfection of ALL surfaces touched and all equipment used by our clients.
- Installation of a plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- Removal of high touch items (such as magazines) from the waiting room.
- Removal of all cloth covered chairs – replaced by plastic chairs that can be disinfected easily.
- Reduction in the number of chairs in the waiting room to provide for physical distancing.
- All clients will have their own TENS or EMS pads (if this treatment is needed).
- Provision of hand sanitizer to be used before and after your visit.
- Mandatory mask usage by both clients and staff.
- Increased hand washing protocols.
- Reduction of the number of treatment rooms used, and the number of clients seen per hour in order to provide for physical distancing.
- Reduction in the number of staff personnel working at one time to provide for physical distancing.
- Increased and regular cleaning of all high traffic areas.
- Changes in how we handle payments and receipts. Contactless (over the phone) payment and email receipts will be offered to those who wish to go this route.
- Emailing of forms that can be filled out at home in order to reduce time spent in the waiting room.
- Adopting a “call before you enter the building” policy.
- Adopting a “No extra visitors” policy except for essential helpers or parents of minors.
- Signage throughout the clinic on hand washing, social distancing, signs of infection (front door) and waiting room protocols (front door).
- Active screening of clients and essential visitors through Covid-19 questionnaire prior to your visit.
- Active screening of all staff members before their shift with a “stay home” policy if they are sick.